Title: CNC Machinist
Shift Type: Second Shift
Under the guidance of the Lead Supervisor, this position is responsible for the setup and operation of CNC machines. Programming knowledge and ability to do tool changes, offsets, manual machining and machine setups a plus.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to machine products.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as manual or CNC lathes, milling machines, or grinders. Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations. Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measure and examine completed parts to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Performs other functions as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience working in a production environment
- Post‐secondary certificate preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to provide own tools related to the setup of a computer numerically controlled lathe or mill
Taylor Devices, Inc. is a two‐shift manufacturing facility. Rate differential applies for second shift workers. 2nd shift employees will be trained on 1st shift and then transferred to 2nd shift.
HOURS FIRST SHIFT:
Start 7:00 a.m.
Break 9:00 ‐ 9:10 a.m.
Lunch 11:30 ‐ 12:00 noon
Break 2:00 ‐ 2:10 p.m.
Stop 4:30 p.m.
HOURS SECOND SHIFT:
Start 4:30 p.m.
Break 6:30 ‐ 6:40 p.m.
Lunch 9:00 ‐ 9:30 p.m.
Break 11:30 ‐ 11:40 p.m.
Stop 2:00 a.m.