Title: Seismic Test Technician
Shift Type: First Shift
Under the guidance of the Chief Engineer and Senior Test Technician, this position is responsible for testing dampers used mainly for structural applications, or commercial industries in a high‐tech, highly varied manufacturing environment.
- Review approved test procedures and instructions to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives.
- Set up and conduct production hydraulic tests of complete units and components to verify product performance using various software programs and calibrated measuring devices.
- Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Discuss test results with the Design Engineering team to evaluate any necessary changes in design to enable design improvements.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components for test set‐ ups.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and generate the test reports within the software that will be forwarded to Customer and filed within the Quality Management System.
- High School diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Technology or related field or relevant work experience in lieu of a degree is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic physics or previous work‐related experience is preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Moderate lifting required
- Steel‐toed shoes are required