Taylor Devices, Inc., located in North Tonawanda, NY, is the world leader in innovative shock and vibration control since 1955. Taylor Devices designs and manufactures shock absorbers, liquid springs, shock isolation systems, seismic dampers and other types of hydro-mechanical energy management products.
We are looking to hire a Technical Sales Engineer to join our dedicated team of professionals in delivering exceptional customer service and contractual compliance for aerospace and US government contracts.
- Apply lean principles to existing and new processes to reduces waste in the value stream.
- Participate in Kaizen events and follow through on action items
- Work with shop floor personnel to identify and design required fixtures for manufacturing, testing, and assembly.
- Work in a team on troubleshooting and corrective actions to strengthen processes
- Identify and requisition necessary tooling and shop supplies.
- Create detailed drawings of fixtures and create detailed process routings
- Liaison between Design Engineers and Manufacturing
- Perform manager’s duties in his/her absence as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medium size manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Writing detailed work instructions
- Working knowledge of ISO principles and clauses preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Solidworks (or equivalent CAD software)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Good communication, critical thinking, time management and organizational skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k and Company Match
- Health Savings Account with Company Contribution for High Deductible Health Plans
- Life Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal Time
- On-the-job Training
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.