Shift Type: Second Shift
Under the guidance of the Lead Supervisor, this position is responsible for all general honing assignments. Understanding of engineering drawings and routers a plus.
- Able to hone all standard stocked items.
- Able to read and understand all engineering drawings, honing routers and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Able to hone prototype components without direction.
- Able to communicate effectively with other departments when necessary.
- Show an aptitude for set-ups and running of manual and automatic machines.
- Able to show working knowledge of honing documentation including drawings, routers and forms.
- Show a willingness to work through their attendance, ability to meet customer and management’s demands and overall positive attitude.
- Performs other functions as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary certificate preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Moderate lifting required
Taylor Devices, Inc. is a two‐shift manufacturing facility. Rate differential applies for second shift workers. 2nd shift employees will be trained on 1st shift and then transferred to 2nd shift.
HOURS FIRST SHIFT:
Start 7:00 a.m.
Break 9:00 ‐ 9:10 a.m.
Lunch 11:30 ‐ 12:00 noon
Break 2:00 ‐ 2:10 p.m.
Stop 4:30 p.m.
HOURS SECOND SHIFT:
Start 4:30 p.m.
Break 6:30 ‐ 6:40 p.m.
Lunch 9:00 ‐ 9:30 p.m.
Break 11:30 ‐ 11:40 p.m.
Stop 2:00 a.m.