Taylor Devices, Inc., located in North Tonawanda, NY, is the world leader in innovative shock and vibration control since 1955. Taylor Devices designs and manufactures shock absorbers, liquid springs, shock isolation systems, seismic dampers and other types of hydro-mechanical energy management products.
We are looking to hire a Technical Sales Engineer to join our dedicated team of professionals in delivering exceptional customer service and contractual compliance for aerospace and US government contracts.
- Expand customer base by developing leads and establish long term business relationships through innovative sales strategies and plans.
- Regularly contact existing and new customers for prospective business via phone and travel.
- Oversee the preparation and revision of quotes and proposals.
- Responsible for pricing consultation, contract negotiation, contract finalization.
- Ensure contracts are in compliance with all legal requirements and government regulations.
- Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Coordinate the preparation of sales orders and change notices including the reporting and status of deliverables to the customer.
- Maintain current and accurate contract files including quotations, negotiation history, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Generate and coordinate sales forecasts.
- Work closely with the Design Engineering Department to understand and satisfy all customer requirements.
- Engineering degree, preferably BSME or BA/BS Business.
- Experienced in administration and negotiation of government and aerospace contracts.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS, US Export Regulations, and Prime Contractor Supplier Portals.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in Sales & Marketing, Engineering, or Contract Administration.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry, engineering procedures, contract interpretation and ability to understand technical issues.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong human relations skills to work effectively with a variety of people as well as proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k and Company Match
- Health Savings Account with Company Contribution for High Deductible Health Plans
- Life Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal Time
- On-the-job Training
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.