6 areas covered by the whitepaper:
- Why a change in the Space Shuttle’s electric switchgear and advances in modern electronics led to the examination of the existing vibration isolation system.
- How the Shuttle’s dynamic environment and mitigation goal were defined.
- The analytic model used and how the most viable isolation system was determined.
- A description of the final switchgear isolation system used.
- Summary of input, qualification, model and measured results of the Shuttle’s launch.
- The overall effectiveness of the vibration isolation system as measured during an actual Shuttle launch.